Printing service is available and supported by designated photocopiers in the campus. On 1st September each year, each student is provided a print quota as follows:
- Bachelor Degree Students: 500 pages
All unused quota is accumulated to next year until graduation, or student can refill his/her print quota at the rate of $20 (which is equivalent to 100 pages) when necessary. Students can refill via the Finance Office (M1104) and PE counter (Block B, G/F).
Mobile printing service is a new service initiated by ITSC to support users to bring their own devices (BYOD) to the College. Users may login to https://mprint.hsmc.edu.hk and enjoy the following benefits:
- Support mobile phones and tablets printing
Since mobile printing service utilizes the latest web technology, the users can print from not only the notebook computers but also the mobile phones or tablet devices. It supports Windows, Mac, Android and iOS without any additional software installed.
- Print anywhere in campus
Using WiFi or wired network, users can upload their files via the mobile print portal anywhere in campus.
- Collect the printouts from any copier
Once a file is uploaded, users may collect their printouts from any copiers around the campus at any time.
Photocopier printing service supports “Color Printing”, “Duplex Printing”, “Mutipage Printing” and “Follow You Print“.
- Color Printing
You can do color printing via the photocopiers. Please refer to the information posted next to the photocopiers for detailed instructions.
- Duplex Printing
You are encouraged to print both sides of the paper to reduce paper usage.
- Mutipage Printing
You can even save papers by printing more than 2 pages on the same paper.
- Follow You Print
This function allows you to print your handouts via any designated photocopiers available in the college.
How to use Follow You print
- Send your print job to the “Universal Printer” print queue.
- Bring your student ID Card with you.
- Look up a photocopier and follow the instruction next to or on the cover of it
Single-sided B/W Printing
- Each page costs $0.2.
Duplex Printing (B/W)
- Each sheet (2 pages) costs $0.4.
- For example, if you print 9 pages on 5 sheets, you will be charged $1.8 (= $0.4 double pages x 4 + $0.2 single page x 1).
Color Printing and else
- Each color page costs $1.8.
- Each duplex color sheet cost $3.6.
- Single Page Color A3 costs $3.6.
- Duplex Color A3 costs $7.2.
A full list of charging reference can be found next to each photocopier.